+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANT/NEED: Fly tying materials... Thread/Hooks for Pheasent tail bird flies.

Default WANT/NEED: Fly tying materials... Thread/Hooks for Pheasent tail bird flies.

I just got 3 perfectly clean PH birdy skins from my cousin's step dad (he's awsome!) and i want to use them up!

Unfortunately i only have thread and hooks a bit oversized for trout flies (been tying up surf flies) and don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't work, i don't go to school yet(sophomore), and still have GBS which = no money! I have about $70 to spend. Tying up flies have been a great therapy for me (for 3months+) and i go through a lot of materials everyday so more quantity is what I'm looking for than quality.

Tell me what yall have and I'll get back to you!

Will pay through USPS money order, Check, & PAYPAL*
    *I can pay through paypal and I'll pay the fees. I recommend paypal.. bc i cant really go out of the house..*

Default I have some hooks...

Let me know what size hooks you want kenstah and if i have what you're looking for i'll mail you some and save your money since it only costs me a postage stamp to send a pack of hooks i found out.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

same here. just let me know where to send.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    I can't say about fly fishing but there's a lot of feed lots in Kansas.
    Wes' Pattern Book
    http://www.flypatternbook.net

Default Stuff

How about posting your ship to address and we will see what happens.

Denny

Blog Entries

If I had a better idea of what he needs, I would have a better idea of what to send.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    How about posting your ship to address and we will see what happens.

Denny

Kenny Kim
    4938 Rosewood Ave #9
    Los Angeles, CA 90004

Quote Originally Posted by kbproctor View Post
    If I had a better idea of what he needs, I would have a better idea of what to send.

anything that i would need to tie a fly using a pheasant bird?

There you go (:

Thank you for helping me out everyone..
    Also, as i mentioned in some PMs, i would love to get free stuff (i mean who doesn't?) but i really have to repay it back somehow.. or else i'll go crazy.. So if you see a tiny check in the mail, please don't get mad at me

Sir MontanaMoose asked me to pay it forward to another new fly tyer in the future and i am just about to do that in my therapy rehab center for inpatients! i talked to my therapists and they welcome any/all volunteers to make everyone there happy... I was there, living there, for about 3 months (Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Center) and I got to do a lot of programs after my therapy sessions such as painting, outings (fished on a pier once, on a wheelchair!), bbq, & all sorts of activities because of the volunteers who helped us, patients, out in their spare time.
    I've actually bought 2 kits from ebay with all the tools & vise (regal imitations) for just $21 each to use in the center (My 2010 Resolution).

Well during the holidays, if you have spare time in your hands~ visit any rehab/senior places(forgot what it was called) and share them your talent if you can! I mean why not? Fishing is half enjoyment and half boasting right? I remember catching a 26" Pacific Halibut in Newport area and that story is still embedded in my lips c(:

For anyone who is interested in GBS read on..
    Google GBS for expert info.
    As for my condition right now, i can move about taking baby steps and my fingers are all working now with all my sensations back to the norm. I was told that i was going to completely heal in about a total of one year but i guess my body is taking it very well and healing way faster than any other patients who left that rehab center
    By the way, I'm not trying to scare anyone but I'm 20 years old and anyone could end up getting GBS anytime easily by eating undercooked meat / flu shots. It just sucks not being able to move your body the way it use to more because I'm the type of person who would still go fishing in the coldest of cold weather AND who have a 100+ degree flu WITH food poisoning...... I know there are other ways of becoming immobile such as spinal injury so if you wanna keep fishing, take care of your body and invest in it!

sorry for blabbing on about~ and again, thanks everyone! (:

Do you ever use Elk hair? I have lots of friends the hunt and I gets lots of hair from them. I would send some your way if it's something you would use.

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Ditto Moose and deer; both white tail and mule, as well as caribou.

+ Reply to Thread