+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good People

Thumbs up ...

I'm sitting here reading this at 7:27 on an Easter Sunday mourning, yep, there are a couple of tears of happiness and gratitude falling. I know its just a fishing rod, but it will always be treasured as a special gift to me. A gift of owning a cane rod that has a lot of beauty in its making and history. Yes it does have my name on it, (my name on here and also has F.A.O.L on it) I had it put on there when Bill Taylor made it for me, so if anything was to happen to me and it found its way to a pawn shop or somewhere, the new owner could trace it to here and find out something about it. Little did I know at the time... Like Z (God bless you Z) said, this whole transaction has taken place of a time period of right at 4 years. There was only a couple of folks in the whole world that new what was going on, but to me, God knew what was going on. The rod in itself is just a rod, what has taken place with it, and because of people like Z, its much more than that, and has made its value priceless...
    F.A.O.L, much more than friends...

Happy Easter everyone and God bless...

Tim
    (Grubb F.A.O.L)

PS: This last Thursday, that rod caught its first ever Grand Slam...
    Last edited by Grubb; 04-12-2009 at 11:53 AM.

A lotta "Happy Easters" are in order here!

This is indeed a story of the COMMUNITY which is FAOL & the wonderful people here.
    This story has been close to my heart since it's start & I will never forget the night Tim called me & asked me to guess what was on his porch when he got home....My answer was "Your 'boo!", & that was correct......Z, I post this as a tribute to you, sir. I wish everyone here could have heard the total joy in Tim's voice that night. I'm sure he was shaking so bad when he opened the package that he was afraid of breaking the rod. You did a fine thing for a fine man.
    Hats off to both of you!
    BTW, here's a picture of Tim fishing that 'boo on Mossy Creek in Virginia last April. He caught his first trout on it that day...I just wasn't beside him to take a picture of that one.

God Bless all & HAPPY EASTER!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Made my day!

Thanks

In actuality, Z has along history of such generosity... He has true faith in his fellow man.

Thumbs up

Boy, if ever there was an inspirational string that belonged in our FAOL, "Building Community Group" this would be it..

Running down the New Post list, I almost passed this one up. I guess God wanted me to back up and read it. I'm glad I listen. I'm sure I can't put the right words of praise together for either of you so let me just say "God bless both of you".
    Steve

nighthawk Guest

Z,
    I would really like to shake your hand. I salute you! You make the world a wonderful place to live.

+ Reply to Thread