+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sportsman's Warehouse rumor

Default Sportsman's Warehouse rumor

Anybody heard any rumors that they are under Chapter 11? The local one here is not restocking some merchandise. Also, they have allot of items on sale with the caveat, no refunds or exchanges on sale items.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Blog Entries

Fact is quite different... A Canadian feed company just bought them and is promising to redo the distribution system. That is the kink we are seeing right now in their supply train.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    Fact is quite different... A Canadian feed company just bought them and is promising to redo the distribution system. That is the kink we are seeing right now in their supply train.

Hap

the UFA is not really a feed company... it is a farm supply company, farm suppy and hardware, and oil and gas delivery and pumps.. much more then just feed..and they just bought Wholesale sports and Sportsmans Warehouse, they also have work cloths..

It is Alberta based so is in a strong company from the richest and best province in the whole country...

you are in good hands man...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Good. Maybe we will get ours back. They opened in Victorville, CA last spring and closed the doors just 4 months later. Gave good deals to our local FF club. Was sorry to see them go. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

I was at the one nearest to me over the weekend, it seemed well stocked if not top heavy with camouflaged everything and lightly keeled with anything remotely fly friendly. But then it's sort of the season for duds like those and folks around here aren't spending much on toys these days, so ( ? )......

I did see a few ( few indeed ) sale items, but didn't happen to note any " no return " tags and something like that, had it been readily apparent would've stuck out to me.

Now Crispy Creme stores on the other hand - dropping like flies !

Dave

My brother founded the Sportsmans Warehouse. He sold out some time back but retained the building the Sportsmans occupies in SLC. Scott confirmed that that his renters are indeed undergoing a change in ownership.

Tim

Cool:
    Fishing supplies and feed corn under one roof.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Panman View Post
    My brother founded the Sportsmans Warehouse. He sold out some time back but retained the building the Sportsmans occupies in SLC. Scott confirmed that that his renters are indeed undergoing a change in ownership.

Tim

Your brother....that is cool. I have always been a Patron to the SW. But what happened several years ago, did someone else buy it, because all of a sudden they were open on Sunday.

I think the one here is doomed. Bass Pro is opening a store, just down the highway, sometime next year.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I don't know, Cabela's opened here (just a few miles down the highway) a few years back. Sportsmen's lost a little the first year, but now everyone I know is back. Now I hear, the Cabela's here might be in trouble.

+ Reply to Thread