+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This photo NEEDS a story to go with it.

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default This photo NEEDS a story to go with it.

This photo needs a story to go with it. Anyone care to give it a try?

Wink 7X

Quote Originally Posted by spinner1 View Post
    Boy - was old Willy surprised when he stuck a size 20 blue wing olive in that limb and the 7X held long enough to pull it down !!!
    The fish are always right.

Boy, I'm sure glad I brought my BIG NET. I hear the bluegill in this stream are HUGE!
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

Blog Entries

Default big dead tree

big dead tree has a labyrinth as a root system.

You can't tell it from the picture that the shallow water
    drops off radically from 6 inches to about 4 feet deep.

I better get that Charmin-to-go out.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

As Bubba stalked that 8" brookie, he kept thinking, if I could just get a little closer I know I can bring him to my 24" net.

He finally, after two hours of stalking, reached the optimum position to present his dressed #10 Muddler Minnow. This was it, the moment of truth!
    His Muddler plopped, the trophy brookie took immediately. Bubba, being totally stoked, ripped his hook set upward, striking the broken tree immediately above him and sent it crashing down on his all ready throbbing noggin!

As he lay soaked to the bone in his penultimate stretch of home waters, with a big knot forming on his upper cranium, he exlaimed "this is what fly fishing is all about".

He slowly dragged himself to dry land, ripped open his humongous backpack (which contained a full case of Budweiser) and sated his wicked thirst and cursed the fly fishing gods! After about 10 of those "King of Beers" he attained philisophical Nirvana and stumbled back to his Corolla shouting "you'll come to an untimely end my fontanalis friend, when your belly meets my buttery frying pan!

He thought, while attempting to keep the "trout wagon" on his side of the road, "this is a day I will never forget"!
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Blog Entries

So the guide kept telling me to watch my backcast -- but I wasn't supposed to get my fly caught up in that tree for the seventh time either -- now he's telling me to mend my line -- don't spook the fish -- try to lay my line onto with the water without such a splash -- something about getting a better turnover with my leader -- a better presentation -- but when he yelled "Set the hook" I SET THE HOOK
    "No matter how complicated life can get -- remember life is sometimes like fly fishing; after turning over every rock in the river trying to "match the hatch", you have probably spooked every fish for miles -- so don't let the "little things" BUG you -- just enjoy whatever you find." Mike Ormsby

Blog Entries

I got to go Peeee I got to go Peeeeee !!!!! damn waders .. ohhhh Brook trout 12 o:clock damn I got to go Peeee ......
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Make a perfect cast, fly will be in the zone for a nanosecond, a nanosecond is only 0.000000001 second, so I'm counting on you Mr. Brown! Please don't let me down! Like Ray said "I gotta peeeee!"
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Hey Joe! Look out that limb is gonna fall. JOE!!! Where are you? Joe? Oh well, More fishes for me.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread