+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good News / Bad News

Hybrid View

Default Good News / Bad News

I have some good news and some bad news. At least it is for me. Lady Lotech and I have been planning on going to the Idaho Fish-In this year because I feel like when I?m there I?m home again. We were planning on using the money I?ve been calling, ?Uncle George?s Play Dough? to finance the trip, but we?ve decided to re-allocate the funds. My wading has turned into the appearance of a drunk walking on ball bearings, so I?m using my share of the money to get a new pontoon boat.
    The bad news is, we won?t be at the Idaho Fish-In this year. And we will most assuredly miss everyone there.
    The good news is, I?ll be opening up a whole new theater of fishing possibilities. I?m learning how to fish lakes, and Brian Chan?s tutorial on chironomid fishing is starting to get exciting to me.
    I?m sad that I can?t be at Lowell this year, but I?m excited with the new possibilities presented to me with the new pontoon boat. Lake fishing is starting to be a viable option for me. My new pontoon boat is the Colorado XT, presented by Cabela?s. I?m getting the sage colored boat because I?ve seen lots of orange boats out there. Instead of cooking Dutch Oven dinners at streamside, I?ll be cooking them at Lakeside.
    Be happy for us. OK? OK!
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

2. Default

I was just at cabelas the other day. The one you have your eye looks to be a nice pontoon. Have fun with it, and stay safe...

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Joe
    with Gas Prices etc, Im sure that a lot of people are going to be learning the wonders that are lake fishing. I spend most of my fishing time on a local pond, I can be fishing in 20 minutes. and it takes less than a gallon of gas there and back. Sorry to hear about your ballance but welcome to the warm water.

Eric

Congrats on the new 'toon. Like yourself, I'll probably not be at the IDFI as previously planned, but it's because of the cost. Just fuel round trip will be +/- $1,000.00 at $4 pre gallon which is at least what it will be by then, then there's the food, license and camping costs to go along with it, not to mention 31 hours drive time. Air fare is about the same when you factor in rental car and fuel for it. Also, my original traveling companion has changed plans for the summer/fall, and will be visiting his daughter in Georgia for a month. I just can't do all those miles myself without some reprieve.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Wow lake fishing huh. I love fishing lakes for several reasons. It sounds like you are getting set up quite well. I am not hot on chromies but do use a lot of wet flies or streamers. Lake fishing is my primary souce of fishing cause my friends can't walk far or wade. Wish you all the best. I can't make the idaho fishin due to my son's surgery taking up my vacation time but oh well always another year.

Lotech,

You might want to checkout Morris & Chan on Fishing Trout Lakes. I have been fishing lakes for years and my hookup ratio skyrocketed after reading the book.

Enjoy your new toon!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Stillwater Resources....trout

FAOL.... some good stillwater stuff seldom talked about
    Denny Richards
    Brian Chan
    Phil Rowley

+ Reply to Thread