+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Mail

Default Canadian Mail

I sold some lines on the for sale section last month. Most of the stuff has been paid for and the buyers have received their lines, however 2 of the buyers were from Canada. It's been 17 days since the "transaction", I have yet to receive funds from either source. Is this normal? Does it take more then 2 weeks to sent a letter from Canada to the US?? Should I continue to wait or re-list them?
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Blog Entries

Ray

I sent one of the members of the board an article, through Canada Post and it has been two weeks and nothing yet, I was told by the young postie that customs can and do hold things for up to two weeks and then send to the destination.. so I would and will give it a week or two more...

Sucks I know but that is the way of the world post 9/11....
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Ray,,, very normal. Be patient. We do a lot of mail with Canada, love them, but their PO sure is slow.

Blog Entries

Well Ray, as a Canadian MALE (ahem..) just like the post, we take our time doing all sorts of things.....fixing what needs to be fixed; waking up in the morning; listening to what our wives say; Heck...it's why our government is slow to do lots of things! HA!
    However....when we do 'come around' it's worth the wait. Double HA!
    For some reason, our post is SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW! My brother sends letters from Korea and it gets here within a week! The other way around and it takes forever.
    Hang tough. It'll get to you. One way or another! HA!
    Cheers!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishfairwx View Post
    Ray

I sent one of the members of the board an article, through Canada Post and it has been two weeks and nothing yet, I was told by the young postie that customs can and do hold things for up to two weeks and then send to the destination.. so I would and will give it a week or two more...

Sucks I know but that is the way of the world post 9/11....
    Package still has not arrived yet. Getting the same report from the U.S.P.S. that they could take several weeks for customs and etcetera.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Luck Larry View Post
    Well Ray, as a Canadian MALE (ahem..) just like the post, we take our time doing all sorts of things.....fixing what needs to be fixed; waking up in the morning; listening to what our wives say; Heck...it's why our government is slow to do lots of things! HA!
    However....when we do 'come around' it's worth the wait. Double HA!
    For some reason, our post is SLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOW! My brother sends letters from Korea and it gets here within a week! The other way around and it takes forever.
    Hang tough. It'll get to you. One way or another! HA!
    Cheers!
    Two men skate towards a frozen rubber puck with intent on capturing it on their stick blade. Along the boards they collide at a closer rate of 70 MPH/112.65 KPH The fans stand up and roar. Hey folks, that is the game Canada invented called ice hockey. Nothing slow about the N.H.L. these days you know.

Mr record for a letter was about 45 days, mailed end of Nov, 07, arrived Mid Jan, 08.

Packages usually take longer, my record for that was almost 2.5 months, they blamed it on the holidays but fact is, it can be dead slow, regardless of who is to fault!

I've also had letters and packages take about a week so it can go either way.

Blog Entries

One problem I have every once in a while especially with packages is they come to the door and if your not home they leave a notice. Then you have to go to the PO to pick it up. Sometimes although they say they left a notice, they have not. So if i'm expecting something, I have to go down to the post office and check.

At christmas they left me a notice to pick up my parcel anytime after 1:00 pm. I arrived at 4pm and was told, we are way behind, you cannot expect us to keep up with the Christmas rush. I said the pickup time is hand written on the notice, couldn' you tell the guy to add a day to make it more realistic? Answer .... no its against the rules to let the customers know we might be slow. hahahahaha That made my day all by itself.

Its the guberment Dude. ya just have to wait. Thats why its called snail mail.

It works both ways too. I ordered some books via amazon. They claim 3 day delivery in the states. But I ordered them on the 8th of Feb and they gave me a delivery date of March 3rd. These are the folks used to dealing with the Canadian mail system.

It may also be because some rivers up here are in the spring breakup stage and some are still frozen. The post office may be in that transition stage between dog sled and pony express delivery modes.

MY sister is a shift supervisor in the Post office. hahaha
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

And yet, when I mailed the hat to Chris in Quebec, First Class mail, it only took two days longer than did the boxes sent Express mail here in the lower 48!! Go figure! The postal clerk here suggested I fill out a customs declaration, as that would speed it on through Customs. Musta worked!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Deezel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    I sold some lines on the for sale section last month. Most of the stuff has been paid for and the buyers have received their lines, however 2 of the buyers were from Canada. It's been 17 days since the "transaction", I have yet to receive funds from either source. Is this normal? Does it take more then 2 weeks to sent a letter from Canada to the US?? Should I continue to wait or re-list them?
    You write that it's been 17 days since 'transaction'. Do you have any idea IF and WHEN the buyers actually mailed their payments? Just sayin.

Deezel

+ Reply to Thread