+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How I Survived (not ff)

Default How I Survived (not ff)

Here is the reason I made it through this (Awful) Winter
    Since the 1st of December, I have walked 65 days in a row, 2 miles a day (Litter Patrol included). = 130 miles.

Litter Patrol Hi-Lights
    I found a frozen 16.59 lb Turkey laying on the sidewalk here at my Apts. And NO! I didn't eat it! One thing that puzzles me is finding "One" sock or shoe? I actually found "One" Dress Shoe! Polished and ready to wear!

Past 12 months of Walking
    I found about 14 dollars in coins
    Mostly pennies, quarters, dimes and rarely nickles.

With the Neighbors I have, I will never run out of stuff to pick up.
    Thanks and THeaven it's almost SPRING!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Doug

I remember the spring clean ups we had on the bases I lived on and that means only one thing - Cigarette butts all over the place...

get a pair of latex gloves to pick up those little buggers, all kinds of nasties on them..and they stink up your paws.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Ray,
    I wear Latex Gloves and Gardening Gloves that flex well. I also have a Litter Grabber with rubber jaws that will pick up a penny.
    (I'm ready for battle)
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post

Past 12 months of Walking
    I found about 14 dollars in coins
    Mostly pennies, quarters, dimes and rarely nickles.

Doug
    I took over 100% of the laundry duty a couple of months ago. I have since claimed $45 in crisp, clean bills from the dryer, all from my wife and daughter. More MAD money for a new reel! This is my idea of laundering money!

Picking up trash on your walks is a much more noble cause, but my job pays better!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wables View Post
    I took over 100% of the laundry duty a couple of months ago. I have since claimed $45 in crisp, clean bills from the dryer, all from my wife and daughter. More MAD money for a new reel! This is my idea of laundering money!

Picking up trash on your walks is a much more noble cause, but my job pays better!
    Wables,
    I was in the trenches for 27 yrs, so I have seen both sides and money is great for accumulating stuff, but volunteering is better for my heart.
    Sometimes hearing no orders is music to my ears, like "Doug, You have to work 5 12's and an 8 this week!" No more!

Smile

I was in the Apt. Office today and two young boys came in and Christine asked them what they wanted? The boys told her they wanted to talk to ME! Those kids wanted to know if they could help me pick up litter! My efforts are starting to pay off, because the kids here watch me every day and they are at the age when learning good habits is important. It's very exciting to me that I have made a small difference. Young people need guidance and they are eager to learn. Bless all of you that take the time to teach and help kids!
    Doug

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DShock View Post
    I was in the Apt. Office today and two young boys came in and Christine asked them what they wanted? The boys told her they wanted to talk to ME! Those kids wanted to know if they could help me pick up litter! My efforts are starting to pay off, because the kids here watch me every day and they are at the age when learning good habits is important. It's very exciting to me that I have made a small difference. Young people need guidance and they are eager to learn. Bless all of you that take the time to teach and help kids!
    Doug
    You are my hero, buddy! Keep fighting the good fight!

DShock, one thing that (maybe I have learned it the hard way) little things as you call them, does make a BIG difference in some peoples lives, thanx for reminding me of that..

+ Reply to Thread