+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have had enough and I quit....

nighthawk Guest

Default I have had enough and I quit....

....Smoking that is. It has been about a month now since my last smoke. Smoked for about 20 years. Weaned myself off of them without patches, medicine, doctors and so on. I feel better now.

Trouble is now my food tastes soooo muuuch better. Good thing small game season and all that walking starts next week. I can actually hit the hardest hiking trails now without a huff! I could hike them before but it is so much easier now. I am a happy boy!!!!!

Default Re: I have had enough and I quit....

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Modoc Country.... Extreme N.E. California high desert
    Blog Entries

Keep up the good work brother! Congratulations !
    .....Dan
    "Fishin' will get you through a day of no Whisky better than Whisky will get you through a day of no Fishin' "

Been there - Done that. Way to go.

Tim

Wow. I am impressed.
    Tried to ween myself off - no good. Tried hypnosis it worked for a while but then my wife neve quit and I was too weak...
    It's funny how stron of a will can you get with a good scare. Got a mild Heart attack (so mils in fact I walked thrugh without knowig about it - just heartburn). Second one few moths later put me in MICU for 10 days. Got three stents... Waled out of the hospital and never touched the smokes again. Cravings went away after few weeks. My wife still somokes (only outside). It's been three and a half years now...

Good luck and try to remeber this when the lil devil inside says "LIGHT UP!!!".
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

Eric,
    YOUR MY HERO!!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Way to go Nighthawk....I'm right there with you, it's been about a month and a half for me.....and I can't believe how much better I feel.

AND, I don't have that "hack" in the mornings!

Keep me pumped up and I'll try to keep you pumped. (as will MANY others here, I'm sure!)

Good luck,

Carl
    Carl

Every day above ground is a good day

Eric,

Way to go! My dad did the cold turkey thing nearly 40 years ago and has been smoke free ever since. He just turned 77 and is as health as can be. You did the right thing and look how quickly you are feeling the rewards of quiting.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

What wonderful news, now can you come here and convince Bill he needs to quit, so that he can also be as healthy as he could be if he would quit....lol !!

Thats great to hear, and Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsKneppPA
    What wonderful news, now can you come here and convince Bill he needs to quit, so that he can also be as healthy as he could be if he would quit....lol !!

Thats great to hear, and Keep up the good work.
    MrsKneppPA,
    If you would send us plane tickets, we will be happy to come over to your House and twist Bill's arm until he gives up his pack of cigarettes. Many of my neighbors smoke (They can't afford to) and I've found the best way to confront someone about their smoking habit is to do it in a loving way like, "STOP SMOKING!!!!!!!" Life is TOO SHORT as it is!!! Bill get some gum!!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread