+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MI FIsh-In Float Trips

Default MI FIsh-In Float Trips

My fishing partner and I will be doing three fishing/float trips in my canoe next week, and wondered if anyone else was planning to do so as well. Monday we will be on the North Branch from Dam 4 to Morley Rd (6 hour float), Tuesday will be South Branch from Smith Bridge to McMaster Bridge on the Main Branch (8-10 hour float), Wednesday will be Wakely Lake for gills & bass (as long as it takes), and Thursday will be Kellogg Bridge to Parmalee (10 hour float). These are all subject to daily conditions and weather, and can change as needed.

I have a "spotter" who will be moving my vehicle to the take-out spots for the river trips for $25 per move. I can PM you with his phone number if you need it. I have room for a second canoe on top of my van (or in the back) if someone wants to split the spotter's fee and take the same trip(s).

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Default Re: MI FIsh-In Float Trips

I'm bringing my canoe as well, though I have not giving a lot of thought as to when or where I'll float. I don't know the river at all...other than a trip 40+ years ago. I would probably be paddling alone and get my other half to pick me up at a sceduled time so I don't think I'll be needing to use your pick up...but as I said...I still have no idea what I'll be doing yet. If Bill decided to shock me and go along for a paddle ....WHO KNOWS. He usually parks himself at a picnic table with book and beer and doesn't move for the whole vacation.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Joe,
    I still don't quite know where I'll ( wife doesn't fish) be fishing ,BUT, your proposal sounds like a good plan. If you get a firm commitment before we get there, jump on it, otherwise, when we get our act together as to our plans and your suggestion is STILL available, we''ll join you. Of course we'd have to rent a canoe close to the put-in point.

Mark
    PS: We could relive/reenact the "historical" sea battles between the Slovenians and Ukrainians

Quote Originally Posted by Marco
    PS: We could relive/reenact the "historical" sea battles between the Slovenians and Ukrainians
    If you notice, there is LOVE in Slovenian. We are lovers, not fighters. Although, I do sometimes have to defend myself from the onsloughts of my Irish bride. But thanks for the offer, anyway.

BTW, my wife doesn't fish either. That's why I'm leaving her at home. I offered to bring her along, but she graciously declined. I told her there would be other wives there to go shopping and commiserating with, but she opted to stay at home. We each own our own business, so she'll be bringing home the bacon while I'm spending it. Good tradeoff.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi
    I'm bringing my canoe as well, though I have not giving a lot of thought as to when or where I'll float. I don't know the river at all...other than a trip 40+ years ago. I would probably be paddling alone and get my other half to pick me up at a sceduled time so I don't think I'll be needing to use your pick up...but as I said...I still have no idea what I'll be doing yet. If Bill decided to shock me and go along for a paddle ....WHO KNOWS. He usually parks himself at a picnic table with book and beer and doesn't move for the whole vacation.
    Mato,

All routes we are taking are new to us as well. Between the cell phone, maps & GPS we should be fine. I also have Walkie Talkies.

Perhaps another non-boating fly fisher would like to team up with you for the paddle so you could trade off fishing/paddling.

I'm looking forward to seeing your new fly rod in person.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

+ Reply to Thread