Highlands Today newspaper fishing report by D.O. "Red" Norton for Jan. 25.

[url=http://www.highlandstoday.com/MGBH8FUUUIE.html:fa166]Heartland Fishing Heating Up[/url:fa166]

This is about the first time I am left wondering (scratching my head) if Red is fishing in the same county. I would like to catch an "abundance" (my limit) of Specks. That hasn't happened yet. I have gotten some good fish, but not in any great numbers with the quick cold and warm weather changes we have had. I was out on Lake Jackson last Saturday and even though there were lots of schools of Specks in the deep water and we had nice weather, they had a good case of lockjaw. I would not paint near as rosy of a picture as Red did. I have not seen many boats fishing for Specks in the shallows of Lake Jackson yet. Most are still fishing Specks in deep water. We just had another cold front so maybe Speck movement will be more shallow until it warms up but I honestly don't expect to find good numbers of Specks in the shallows spawning until February. Water temperature lately seems to be just right in the mid 60s.

------------------
Robert B. McCorquodale
Sebring, FL

"Flip a fly"