I hope nobody thinks that I am angry with people on bikes or on foot. I am not. I am concerned. I really don't want to run over any of them, or anybody else. I agree that bicycles, pedestrians, motorcylces, etc... have the same basic rights to use public roads as my S-10, governed by certain laws and with some areas excepted (e.g. interstates). But if they have the same rights, then they also have responsibilities, such as obeying the traffic laws. In Tennessee, that includes the requirement to be able to travel at a speed of t least within 10 mph of the posted speed limit. There are some cyclists who can maintain that speed over most of our roads. They are welcomed to share those roads with me. Most of those cyclists are "professional" enough to also have generous reflectors on the bikes so that we can see them more easily. Others cannot keep up with the speed limit and would be well advised to avoid certain streets at certain times, IMHO.
None of this has improved my rotten backcast, however. And my rotten backcast means that there are certain streams that I should avoid... <sigh>
On the plus side, I am about to set up a casting lesson for a nephew and myself. I can hardly wait to reduce the poor instructor to tears.
Warm regards and lousy casting,
Ed