Happened yesterday: I was driving on the state route that I mentioned in previous post. It is 1 lane each way, the speed limit is 55 mph and shoulder is about 4-1/2 feet wide. Going into a curve I see 3 idiots walking abreast on the shoulder on my side. The idiot on the left was overlapping into the car lane and there was on-coming traffic from opposite side.

Talk about a recipe for disaster. Sorry, but pedestrians(not emergency walks) and cyclists should not have the same rights as vehicles. Their rights end when they ignor reasonable behavior, become a danger to others and to themselves. There are places and roads where bicycling is great. Cyclists can have at it without the probability of endangering anyone else. However, there are places where bicycles should not be permitted. You want to be PC and say they have every right to be there? Okay, but don't scream and yell that your friend had every right to be on route(#) when he got creamed. You'll be dead right and he'll just be dead.

Allan