Bozeman has really become a 'money' town with lots of construction. It is also a college town with very good secondary schools. Being a college town the culture shock will be less than if you were moving say just over the hill to Livingston (not recommended). We lived 17 years in Montana and loved it, but the summer season is short, about 45 days.
You can even buy speciality veggie plants which mature in the short season. There is excellent skiiing and snow sports available in winter. If we could afford it, my ideal would be to spend 2 months a year in Montana, August and September before the snow flies.
Well, now that I think of it, I have been snowed on every month of the year in Montana - including the 4th of July. The culture in Montana is a 'do-it-yourself society'...you make your own way, and your own leisure. It is not a place where everyone will do everything (and most likely not anything) for you.

When we lived there we received letters and phone calls from friends and former students who wanted to know "if they could make it in Montana." Our answer was, "if you have to ask, no."

------------------
LadyFisher, Publisher of
FAOL