Yes you can affix 3M Magic Tape to the bottom of a soft hackle feather, and create a Caddis wing, where the tape does not peel off.

1. The feather is affixed to a piece of Scotch Tape. I did this by pulling long enough piece of tape off, and two short pieces. Laying the long piece on a cardboard, and affixing the ends so the long piece was taunt and sticky side up.
2. I then pressed the tip of the feather to the tape, the holding my finger down on the tip of the feather, I stretched the feather until the stem was straight, and then affixed the other end.

3. Then gently pressed down along the whole length of the feather to assure contact between the tape and the feather.

[url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flytying/tyingtips/part120.html:f7276]Tying Tip "Caddisfly", Click Here![/url:f7276]

~Parnelli

PS: If you are not willing to try using tape, you can use grey panty hose, held in a sewing ring. Just coat the panty hose, affix the feather, then coat the top surface of the feather, and coat the bottom side of the panty hose. Then cut out the feather, and follow the about shaping and trimming.