Just to be compelte in my thoughts here, yes the Optivisors (and other head magnifiers) are fine instruments. I don't personally like the clunky thing on my head.

The Giraffe benchmount magnifier in particular, has a rotating base fitting on the adjustable gooseneck arm. I don't use the magnifier except when tying midges and very small dries. When not needed, the lense gets its cover put on it and it swings away to the back of the tying table and is completely out of the way until needed.

My dentist gave me a headband magnifier with two sets of magnifier lenses. I tried them out and found that this headband magnifier requires that my head to be uncomfortably close to the vise.

However,the swing-away rimless Giraffe lens allows me to view the magnified image of the fly with no change in head position. So I have both options right here and use the Giraffe for now. Maybeas my eyes age, I'll need the higher power magnification that the Optivisors allow you to use-up to 7X.

Optivisors are used in the labs where I work and the techs rely on them everyday. Great product.

Rich