Yaffle-This sounds serious. You need to stay indoors and play with stuff when it so cold outside

Firstly:

The regular (non-UV Cure) Knot Sense is better for knots than is the UV product. The regular Knot sense is just tuffer by a little bit and not as brittle by far. It cures all by itself in about 30 minutes indoors, or outdoors on a nice warm day.

Just the same, what you have applied to your lines is OK and will need to be replenished if you fish them hard enough and the nail knots get whacked on a rock or log and the coating comes off. The UV variety is great for on-the-stream repairs or leader changes. Next time-try the "original" recipe for rigging when you have lots of time to cure it.

Secondly, if you want a suggestion on a cool little pocket lamp that I have experimented with and know to effectively cure UV Knot sense, then here is one such devise:

Litepro Quasar Ultra Light

It can be purchased on-line (Hope it is OK to post this link JC-as this is a non-angling site and product)

[url=http://pocketlights.com/quasar.asp:8fb96] Pocket Lights[/url:8fb96] See Review links too.

The Litepro Quasar Ultra Light is a multi-function LED keychain flashlight that provides:
Ultra bright white strobe
Steady white light
Hidden surveillance detector
UV Strobe
UV steady light
Counterfeit currency detector

Ha! this light even blinks if it detects a radar signal or a bug on your phone. What a hoot. $9.95 US

It will cure UV Knot Sense. Not all UV lamps output the correct frequency and some UV lamps will not cure UV Knot Sense.

FYI- I sent a tube of UV Knot Sense to my light Guru and he tested several different lamps and came-up with one for me(a 5 watt, dental Blue UV Lamp) that snap cures the UV Knot Sense in 5 seconds. Not everyone will want a lmap that strong,nor that expensive. I have just about stopped using Epoxy on flies altogether and use the UV lamp all of the time.

Hope this helps...

Rich

[This message has been edited by flymaker2 (edited 19 March 2005).]