Because you are talking carp and a 6 wt... Several people posted very good points including the Lamsons at STP, and especially the Echo. Both reels are highly regarded among guides here in AK for serious duty on salmon. I own and use a large number of both and find them truly high quality, tough stuff.

That said, there is a serious sleeper IME&O. That would be the TFO BVK reels. At the local fly shop I spend tons of time at I was talking with one of the pioneering old guard guides a while back and he was saying he had gone to the BVK reels for guiding for king salmon on the Good News River a number of years ago and had found the reels flawless. I had purchased several of them a number of years ago and have used them extensively on coho salmon in a tough place. The river I fish a lot has a ton of fish but they are spooky (they ARE silvers...) and I need to hook them at the tail of the pool and DEMAND they do not go to the top of the pool and put all of the other fish down. The BVKs I use for that have been put to pretty serious tests on rods from 8 to 12 weight. Like I said, they WILL not get into the school.

So far the BVK reels have done everything I have asked without fail and they have beautiful, smooth drags and are tough. For the money I find them hard to match.