Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
Dave, you are my hero and I am crazy jealous! She is spectacular. Tell us a little about conditions: air temp, cloudy - sunny, time of day, not specific location but a little bit about the water. I know it was a pond, but was she shallow or deep, on the rocks or sand or mud. Just curious and hope to live vicariously through your success.
Water conditions....clarity about 8"-10"...might've been better if the sun had been out. Calm. It had been highs in the low-to mid- 40's for weeks...this day was supposed to hit a high of mid-50's...was sunny earlier in the afternoon, but then clouded over and the wind died. I'm guessing water temp might've been around 40 degrees F. The water along the shoreline is very shallow (8"-12") for about 15', then it starts to drop off.I was fishing along a drop-off...I may have been over 2' of water with a clay/silt bottom, fishing 18" deep...a 1/80th chartreuse microjig suspended under a Fish Pimp strike indicator. Definitely did not see this fish before the indicator signalled the strike.