Flyfished a new-to-me stream in Iowa on Sunday. Its not actually in the Driftless area, but has some similiarities. Its a spring-fed creek that maintains a 55-degree temperature most of the year. And I'd have to say that is accurate. My legs got a little chilled as I wet-waded it!

It is a Catch & Release / Artificials Only stream. The DNR stocks fingerling trout once each year. Called McLoud Run, it is Iowa's only urban trout stream, running for a couple miles through Iowa's 2nd largest city, Cedar Rapids. It parallels an Interstate and bike trail on one side, and train tracks on the other. In 2013, chorinated water from a watermain break killed @ 75 14"-18" trout here. I did see some decent-sized trout, but I mainly caught small ones.

Regardless of size, I was able to get my first trout Grand Slam, catching all 3 species in one day. Plus a bonus Creek Chub! ;o)

Interesting how a line of big electrical poles goes down the middle of the creek. But it anchors some good structure in some places.