Byron:

I don't fish the Gardner very often in midsummer. To be quite honest, I'm floating with clients six days a week from early July through late September, so I don't fish as much as I'd like at that time, period. I fish that water all the time in the fall for run-up browns. In the summer, attractor/dropper rigs work during the day, but there's occasional phenomenal caddis hatches in the evenings, and the Salmonflies actually stick around most of the month.

cmcculloch:

It depends on what you're after. Late July is typically most consistent but also most crowded. If your cabin is in the Yellowstone valley I don't suggest coming before July 15 to be sure everything is fishable. Some other waters see good fishing in June. August can be chancy if the runoff is early. September is getting busier and busier and the fishing isn't as consistent as it is in the summer, but there's more bodies of water fishable in mid-September than any other time, since spring/fall water is turning on and summer water isn't done yet. October doesn't leave a whole lot of fishable options, but those options produce big fish and only a couple places are crowded. Where is your cabin.

Dave:

The tying book is print-only. I am contemplating converting it to Kindle, but that could be a nightmare because I didn't use consistent formatting and so will have to reformat everything by hand to get it to look even close to right on Kindle. If I do that one for Kindle, it will run much more, because the photos add a lot to the download size and my royalties are based on a percentage after Amazon's delivery (bandwidth) cost. The spiral-bound paperback is $27.50 delivered. If you're interested, send me a PM and I can go over payment options.

Thanks for all the purchases, guys.