So far, I use 3 different types of strike Indicators

1. New Zealand (NZ) Strike Indicator system
2. Dry and Dropper system
3. Yarn Slip Knot System

I've used the NZ Strike Indicator system and it has worked very well. It is easy to adjust, but getting the right amount of wool takes some time to experiment. Once you get it right, it works very good. Also, the NZ system is very good when you are dealing with water sheds that continuously change substrate depth within feet/yards. It definitely is part of my arsenal.

I also still use the dry and dropper method, as well as the slip knot method. The dry and dropper method is the most sensitive, but takes longer to adjust for depth (i.e. put on a new tippet between the dry and dropper). Still, this is my favorite since you can catch fish on the indicator.

The slip knot method is an old stand by and has worked for years. It takes a little longer to adjust for depth, but does well with adding a lot of split shot to get your flies deeper. It does leave kinks in the leader.

Each has its own advantages and disadvantages, and I use them to fish different types of water (i.e. still, riffles, deep runs, etc.).

Vinny