Mark-

I think you're probably going to need to supplement the up-close work with something, it's just a matter of what option to choose. There are non-prescription sunglasses with magnifier/reader lenses on the bottom. Likewise, there are little stick-on reader lenses that I've seen in Cabela's and other catalogs that are designed to be added to the bottom of your ordinary sunglasses. I haven't tried either, but from what I've read, gather that they work pretty well with one notable issue. I've read some complaints from people who use them, describing distortion when they start wading and instinctively look down through their sunglasses, only to find the stream bottom made blurry by the magnifiers. I tried those magnifiers awhile back that clip onto the top of your sunglasses and flip down and, while I like the concept, found that the curvature of most of the fishing sunglasses we wear as well as the relative thickness of the plastic frames (as compared to wire frames) mean the clip-on apparatus never really stays steady. Short of keeping a drugstore pair of reading glasses around your neck, I think the best solution may be the type that clips under the visor of your cap and then folds down when you need it. Not exactly the best in terms of "Me? No, I'm not old" discretion, but at some point I guess we have to swallow our pride on that kind of stuff!