Betty & WarrenP,

You are exactly right! Over my 15-year battle against the beast known as cancer, I've watch the treatments and technology grow in quantum leaps and bounds. I'm living proof of that, as my original prognosis when I was diagnosed at 44 years young was 24-30 months... max! Yet, here I sit, cancer free and still drawing breath, some 12.5 years after I was supposed to be taking my leave, if you will. And, that in itself, is a true blessing...

There have been other blessings as well. My second brain tumor robbed me of my eyesight from late 2004 until late 2009, a condition-- being blind --that couldn't be corrected. Then, two very talented and brave surgeons spent over 12 hours doing what all others said couldn't be done-- they gave me back my sight! When the wrappings came off and my eyes finally adjusted, it truly was one of those "WOW" moments...

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the unwavering support of my family and friends, some near and many so far away. They-- and everybody here --have always been there for me, no matter the odds, and no matter the costs. I can't thank my brethren at FAOL enough. The fly fishing community as a whole is a fine example of kindness, generousity and strength of spirit, and as protective as a mother griz with cubs. Again, thank you for letting me into your hearts...

Well, back to the hook sorting. There is an expansive pile on the table right now, and it may be a few days before my "crew" and me get them all sorted out.

May the Good Lord forever bless you all with tight lines, and friends to share a favorite with... You're welcome on my stretch of the water anytime... Jerry, aka hairwing530, aka "Captain Hooks"