It surpises me that most people prefer to fish alone. I never understood alone time, but thats just me, I think its always better with more people. I'd love to hit the pond with as many friends as possible.

Fishing alone is the best that life has to offer!! My kids don't like to go fishing. And why would I want to take a lot of "strange people" to fish in my favorite trout streams? .... dedicated fly experts might be the exception..... especially here on FAO!!..... you guys that love to fly fish like I do would be welcome to fish with this guy!!

The last time I went fishing, I thought I was in Heaven. All alone in paradise with my new Avid 3wt and some tiny flies, it rained, but I had my new breathable chest waders on and a lite rain jacket.

I caught over twenty trout, and I was laughing out loud all alone in the wonderful paradise!!......... on size 16 nympths!!

If I had my son along, he would have wanted to go home when the rain started, and a "partner" would want to leave, and he would have gotten stuck on the bottom with his cheese ball, and would think I'm crazy for fishing in the rain!!

So ......... to truly find "Nirvana" you have to fly fish by yourself!!

"Any time spent fishing will not deduct time from one's life" (somebody said that a long time ago) ...... I fly fish all the time, so I might have achieved imortallity!!

the last "Working Class Hero"