I've had the good fortune to own and tie on three good quality vises. I started with the Regal Clamp vise and while it was a very solid vise and held the hooks very well, it wasn't very good for rotary tying which I wanted to try. I switched to the Dynaking Baracuda and while it was also a high quality vise, it was a pain to use it in true rotary fashion. Then, I switched to a Nor-Vise, and I stopped looking. Top quality vise that makes tying much easier and faster for me. Holds a wide variety of hooks well and is very versatile. I didn't have any difficulties at all making the transition and I love the Nor-Vise system. Bottom line, I would never switch back to any of the other vises. To top it off when you buy a Nor-Vise you get outstanding and personal service from Norm Norlander.

As others correctly stated, selecting the "best" fly tying vise is an individual choice based on personal preferences. That being said, you have some excellent recommendations here in this thread and if at all possible, you should at least put your hands on each of your top three candidates and give them a whirl before making your final selection..

Jim Smith