Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
As the cup shows good soft light is important to quality photos. I am getting very close to starting a photo shoot for a book we are writing on AK fly patterns. There will be well over 200 flies I need to shoot and some are far too large for the cup... I will use a series of strong lights (LED120 Plus x2 as primary sources http://www.cameralandny.com/camerage...ed120pluslight ) reflected through a diffuser and probably use a secondary diffuser also.

The flies will be in a Nor-Vise and the primary problem righ tnow is the fact many of the flies are articulated, tubes, or stingers... Supporting the flies from behind to make them float invisibly... and being able to change them quickly will be tough. I usually use a metal tube with a loop of fine mono hidden in the dressing and anchored through the backdrop...

Just pointing out how much easier it is to do one quick, simple shot in a Dixie cup!
So, you turn off the flash on the point and shoot camera when you are using the cup method? You know you can buy large styrofoam cups, too.