Quote Originally Posted by John Rhoades View Post
Scott -

I once kept all my fly fishing magazines beginning in 1969 when I first subscribed to Fly Fisherman. I began unloading them several years ago, and now don't keep more that a few months of back issues. It seems there is more information on the internet now than I could ever hope to possibly keep up with.
John,

I agree, there is a tremendous amount of information available on-line and some day I'm going to end up donating or pitching all the mags I currently have. However, this past summer I was looking through some of them and ran across an article on the Nelson's Caddis, a pattern I hadn't thought of or tied up in a while; tried them out again and was pleased to see that they still worked as well as they always had. It was like getting together on stream with an old friend I hadn't fished with for years. One other thing I love about the older magazines is seeing ads for some of the state-of-the-art equipment from the late 70s-early 80s, including Seal-Dri latex waders. I had a pair of them and found them to be perfectly useless in just about every way imaginable- I froze in cold water, sweat like a farm animal when it got warm (and boy did they retain the smell!), and had to use all my strength to lift my leg over anything higher than a 2x4.

Regards,
Scott