+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sage announces the One

I did notice that they did not go against any of the others at ICAST this year I don't believe

Thanks for the article Dave. From reading the article it seems that the Sage Konnetic is a combination of improved fiber alignment and new materials which "might or might not" include the 3M matrix.

Gary Loomis did a Podcast in which he discussed how he developed the leading edge methods that made lighter and stronger blanks. He mentions that he designed his own rod rolling machine that could roll rod blanks under several times greater PSI loads than the then current system. It kind of sounds like that is one of the approaches that Sage is also taking.

"?Using our High Compression Molding (HCM) process, the blank?s carbon fibres are compacted for optimum density and precise alignment, simultaneously fusing the 50% lighter all-carbon fibre inner core.?

http://www.angling-international.com...-rod/sage-one/
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    Now see ir you had used a fly and a length of special line on that dogwood rod you could have cashed in on a different form of "fly fishing".
    Mine was with the use of a dry fly. Cut branch, very small screw-in eyebolts, less than 1/2 a dt line, leader and fly.
    I'm thinking you tenkara guys could save yourself some dough.

As I recall it was a Tap's Tip from Field and Stream. Back in the day of course.

My female friend at that time was into living off the land.
    We ate a lot of wild greens and mushrooms, native brookies, and sassafras tea.

Can't say I miss it, or her.
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyg View Post
    Mine was with the use of a dry fly. Cut branch, very small screw-in eyebolts, less than 1/2 a dt line, leader and fly.
    I'm thinking you tenkara guys could save yourself some dough.

As I recall it was a Tap's Tip from Field and Stream. Back in the day of course.
    Same method taught in the U.S. Army Aviation Survival School back when I went through it.

Maybe Sage will take some of the profits from their new "Super" rod and use it to develop a new, better survival fishing kit for the military. It would have to be military spec and they probably won't make much money at it. However, they would be helping the people that risk their lives so Sage can exist in a free enterprise system.

Call that one The Patriotic One.

Silver Creek,

Your above statement is pure B.S. and you know it. tsk, tsk, tsk

rw
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

If the government is envolved in purchasing it, it will be a $2000.00 survival rod

Hey RW,
    GREAT to "hear" from you. Maybe we can do the DRC again?

Mark

+ Reply to Thread