Feeding any animal that can hurt humans is a major mistake. They learn to associate humans with food, and also lose their natural aversion to people. This can result in unfortunate situations for other people, both for them, and the animals. Feeding a cute little squirrel is different from enticing a several-hundred pound predator.

If have have to feed something in the wild other than yourself, stick to ducks, rabbits and squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
I remember camping and fishing at a lake in south Mississippi where the park manager warned us (being from upstate MS) about the gators in the lake, there were only 7 in a 90 acre lake. The largest was reported as being a tad under 19 ft., I saw a photo he was as long as a Chevy Caprice, but he warned us to be wary of the female with a nest on the back side of the lake. The big boy was named Oscar, I ask where he slept and was told "wherever he wants."

Too many folks make the mistake of feeding the gators, which makes them think everyone has a snack for them. I stopped at a boat ramp just off Alligator Alley west of Ft. Lauderdale and had a gator slide up right under where I was standing on the bank.