+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly Fishers Are Sane - Golfers Are Not

Default Fly Fishers Are Sane - Golfers Are Not

If you have a weak stomach do not reead any further.

In Michigan a Conservation Officer arrested a subject who, after a salmon broke his line, took his fishing rod apart and chased down the fish, stabbing it with the lower part of his rod. "The fish took my only snag hook!" he told the officer. The C.O. later checked another group of fishermen's equipment and found a spear pole with an extra large snag hook attached to the end of a 9 iron golf club.

We do not assume all golfers are evil snaggerrs, just the ones with 0/5 Pro Staff trebel hooks

I knew I would grow to love my extra long driver....

I had a nice converstion with a gentleman today who said his objective was to turn all anglers into fly fishers. I told him there were some I would prefer not to see fishing at all. I think you just identified some.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Ahem!

Hey Jonezee,
    Call me slow but I just can't get a clear picture of the 9 iron contraption base on your description.

Mark

------------------
    I'd rather be in Wyoming!

"Contrary to a common belief, it is not true that if we cut a worm-fisherman in half,each half will grow into a complete fisherman. For which we should all be grateful"

Ed Zern "How To Tell Fish From Fishermen" (1947)

L.F. I for one am grateful for the DNR. Like the child is told...if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear. I suppose snagging is legel on the River Stix.....turnaround is fair play. They will get their due. Jonezee

Marco - It is not my description, but the words of the Conversation Officer who made the aprehension. It seems this fellow used a golf club with a trebel hook (probaably duck taped) to the end of a golf club. This device was his spear/snag extension to drag fish from the river to the bank. Gastly if you ask me. Their are tales of ole where people would take to the rives when the salmon spawned and use pitch forks to throw the figh onto the banks. Of course this coencided with a ritual to get food, smoke the fish for the winter....nothing wrong with that, but those days are gone and we must obey the laws that now protect our natural resources. I hope this helps answer your doubt. Jonezee

+ Reply to Thread