pillcaster,

It's kinda nice seeing fly fishing stuff used by the other sports fans - like golfers, but I might start to worry when they return the favor and I start seeing a lot of golf clubs being used as wading staffs, unless of course the golfer is just playin in the water hazard! I usually wear a collared long-sleeved shirt. The collar does a good job of protecting me from the sun and also from getting rubbed raw from all the stuff I can have hanging from my neck - binoculars, dog whistle/dog collar controller etc. Sometimes I look more like I'm bird hunting than fishing! I agree that you need all the protection from the sun you can get, especially in the water, water+snow+sun, water+snow+sun+altitude+wind. I see ocean flats fishermen with more "wraps" than the Mummy! That's good. The last time I camped,fished and hiked at altitude I got my hands sun-burnt pretty good without realizing it. My hands are always exposed, so I figured they of all things would be sun- conditioned. WRONG!! Live and learn!

Best regards, Dave who only comes out at night.