A couple things you have to consider with the Flouro tippet. First some manufactuers list the knot breaking stregnth such as Climax and the new 98 tippet while other manufactuers list sheer strength. Secondly not all 3X,4X .....mic out the same. Sometimes tippet that has a high pound rating are a little thicker than those that have a lower rating.
I love the Seaguar tippet but have found that the Rio gets more takes while fishing in the upper zone and surface, for whatever reason. I'm a believer of using heavy tippet. I use 3X 95% of the time and more often than not go to 2X or 1X than going smaller. But to put this into context the Madison is now my homewater. It is a pretty "heavy" water and hook a fat 18 inch or larger trout you run a good chance of a break off with anything less than 3X. That being said I still use 3X on the creeks or smaller rivers as well. The fish don't seem to mind and I can bring them in fairly quick without having to stress them too much. I get more takes on 3X flouro than 3X mono. Very unscientific, it's just what I have found works for me.
Hope this helps,
Jim