Quote Originally Posted by Cold View Post
I've seen that line spooled up on RS2 outfits at the local Gander Mtn.

Not sure if its the same line (but in a different color), but my buddy got a Crosswater setup spooled with hot orange line. The line feels 'harder' than a more supple 'premium' line, and exhibited more memory, though I suspect the latter was probably due to being on a pre-spooled reel and my friend getting the fly rig out once every few months. In my experience with that line (if it is indeed the same), it's kind of an odd choice for an entry level, because it was kind of giving my buddy some issues, but I was throwing some pretty loops with it, most likely due to the stiffness of the line. It might do better in warmer weather/water too.

Ultimately, I'd say if you can cast, and its something you want, get it. If you're still learning to cast, a slightly better line might help you learn more quickly. If you think this is a closet gem of a line, you'l likely be disappointed.
I agree with most all of this. I had it spooled on a Crosswater outfit that I got several years ago. You can cast well with it, but I don't think it shoots really well because it feels slightly rough. Also, the tip seems to sink farily quickly.