Thread: Uv light

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Sean, sorry for your problems with the light. My suggestion is to contact Backpackers about the problem, tell them you're tired of replacing the battery and cleaning the contacts to get even a dim light, put it in a return envelope for refund. Tell them you've replaced the light with one that works and let them deal with Loon, who, as you said, usually puts out a good product. Good luck.

Ron
    As usual, I might be missing something here. UV light is pretty much always "dim" as perceived by human eyes, unless it is so strong that it is dangerous. The light in question is a "mini" light, so it probably can not physically put out too much power. If anyone finds a decent handheld, battery powered light that does not need batteries to be changed (or charged), please let me know!! When using a UV light to catalyze these things, usually the light source needs to be held VERY close (millimeters) to the material. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ about this, just throwing out some things based on years of experience working with many types of UV, IR, and other illuminators.

The light I use for catalyzing Loon UV products is a 42LED 380nm forensic inspection light powered by 3 AAA batteries. It cures the stuff very well, but of course it goes through batteries pretty fast.
    Last edited by jszymczyk; 11-03-2010 at 04:06 PM.