Thread: FLY TYING TIP - FOAM STRIKE INDICATORS - EOTG - November 1, 2010

Threaded View

Buddy,

Thanks for the explanation. Personally, if I wanted to use a bobber or splitshot I would go back to using my spinning gear. I won't fly fish with any kind of weight (wrap-on lead or split shot) between my fly and my fly line. I will repeat myself and say again that you might as well use your spinning rod. What purpose does a fly rod serve in this instance other than to become an unwieldy mess and an abomination to cast. If you do not cast your fly rod ,why use one??? If your going to duck & chuck why not use mono? I see the application of the bead head or lead wrapped directly on the hook shank in the fly fishing process, but think it silly to put a "bobber" or splitshot any where else but on spinning gear.Is there no "line" of delineation between what constitutes fly fishing and spin fishing and if fly fishermen keep pushing this line too far into the spin fishermens realm will we give the spin fishermen the "ammo" to eliminate "fly fishing only" areas, because now there really is no difference??? Just asking! I know people like to push the envelope, but be careful what you ask for. Maybe I can put it this way - if your State has a Primative muzzleloader season, do you think people with In-Line muzzleloaders WITH SCOPES should be included? What say you about my rant? This should probably be over on the Sound Off Forum! LOL!!!

Best Regards, Dave S.
    Last edited by fishdog54; 11-02-2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: trying to clarify a thought - sooo, are your thoughts clarified now?