The urban lakes out here just have been stocked again with channel catfish- and yes you can get them with a fly- copper Johns, or a deep- running leech or wolly bugger will do the trick, channel catfish have fantastic eyesight.

They also stocked the lakes this past week with an assortment of sunfish- over 16,000 bluegills and nearly that number of juvenile non keeper bass. PLus a rtout stocking coming up shortly being a whetted hunger to the plate....

When the trout come to the lakes they will also be stocking the Salt and Verde rivers with rainbows. catch and keep those suckers before they get ready to breed, I say... more of them on our plates the less will interfere with the breeding of the Gila trout, a local endangered trout that is gorgeous and deserves a place here far more than the rainbows.

Plus, I've heard stories of northerns coming out of the woodwork in my favorite reservoir lake- the Saguaro lake.... Interesting fact, in this state Northerns are strictly Kill and Keep or release. Not sure what that means, but they are a fish with no limits... makes me excited- those fish are fun to catch.

That's all I got. I swear I want to open a shop right near the rivers so I can give more information about these rivers... They re my only link to the fishing of my childhood up north in the Laramie river and such