bill,

If I could find someone wanting to take me for a dangle and act as my guide ...without charge at this point, I'd be fishing today. I can cast and after watching amputee war vets bring in fish, I have that part figured out. What I don't have figured out is how to get them in the net or letting them go without doing them injury. When I get the cast off, I should be able to manage all of it, be it clumsily. I cast right but if I use the reel to retrieve or the net, I switch my rod hand to my left. Right now I don't have the strength on the left, to hold the rod up well enough to get the job done. I'm hoping to be up in Graying on the 17th-19th of Sept. and doing a little fishing with the Flygirls. We'll see if I can be ready for steelhead season this fall.

Serious therapy starts after the cast is off...in three weeks....I hope. I had a lot of bone pain this week, which I know to be normal. It's now settling down as i had predicted, and as i expected, would last about a week and that is just about up. The swelling, thought still a bit of an issue is getting better as well. I think I'll be just fine. As you may be able to tell...I'm using both hands to type today. YEAH!!!!