Thread: Spent the Whole Day Wondering

Threaded View

My Grandfather, Henry Washington Albert, was born in 1890. At the age of 10, he was taken out of school by his father, and apprenticed to learn how to become a mason. At the age of 10 he was carrying hodge's of brick and mortor up the ladders of the the new Central High School in St. Paul MN. No safty lines or nets! Carrying loads of 50 pounds up these homemade ladders on the side of the 4 story tall building to the masons that where laying out the next row of bricks.

My grandfather beleive in moral statements, as inspiration for events in his life. One of his favorites was; "Everyone we meet in life give us happiness, some by their arrival, others by their departure!" I am sure that Linemender (Cary Mortan) was one of those who were the former and not the latter. I have lost many of my close friends in life, who made a difference in my life, by just being there. All of them still are alive in my heart and mind.

I truly beleive that it is not a case of saying good-bye, instead it is more like "See You Again Later" when it our turn to cross over and they will be there waiting to welcome us back home! ~Parnelli
    Last edited by Steven McGarthwaite; 07-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.