[QUOTE=thorarinna;370957]The Volcano (Eyjafjallajokull) has hopefully stopped erupting so we are ok.
Still there has been a mist in the air for the last two days, specially yesterday when the visability was only for a mile or so.
This is because the wind is blowing the volcanic dust, laying on the ground up in the air.
We have been told that we can excpect this to happen often this summer

I've got two answers and they don't agree, this going to be interesting

Hi thorarinna, you do indeed have 2 different answers but I do not think they disagree. I am talking about cold water fishing for Trout as we do not have any pan fish here in NZ and the other answers all seem to be about Bass and other pan fish, I assume you are fishing for Trout in cold water, by the way are there any pan fish in Iceland?
The trout almost always feed facing the wind, even when they are feeding at the downwind bank they seem to cruise along the bank and mostly turn in to wind to take the food. I believe it is the same in England where almost all the reservoir fishing is done from a boat drifting downwind and casting at trout that are coming toward the boat ie feeding upwind.
If you fish from the bank then I find it best to fish a bank with a wind blowing along it, I cast out and let the wind work the fly around in an arc toward the bank, take a couple of steps downwind and recast. You can cover lots of water useing this method.
All the best.
Mike.