Well i'm glad i'm wrong then Gigmaster and it sounds like TN trusts fisherpersons more than some other states do. Thanks for the clarification too, i just din't want to hear that you got a fine.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by Gigmaster View Post
Not at all. It could be a legitimate concern in some states..

It is my fault for not being more clear in my terminology. Here in TN. the 'limit' I referred to is actually called the "Daily Creel Limit". In this case, (except in waters with Special Regulations) the Daily Creel Limit is 7 trout of all species. That means you can keep 7 trout. You can keep fishing, but you are only allowd to have 7 trout in your 'possession', in the field. We also have a "Total Limit", which is twice the Daily Creel Limit. This means that if you are camping, or if you stop fishing, put those trout up, and go back out later in the day, you can keep another 7, but that's all you can keep away from the house. And the trout cannot be cleaned, or otherwise modified in the field to where the size, and/or species cannot be determined.

If you C & R, you can catch as many as you want. They would have no way of knowing how many you caught, anyway, so any C & R limit would be difficult, if not impossible to enforce.

They probably don't worry about 'culling' because all the trout are stocked every 2 weeks, with no survival, and they are all within a few ounces of each other in size. There wouldn't be much point in culling.

Happy Fishing.