Quote Originally Posted by Eric-WD View Post
The New Mustads are nice, buy a pack at $5.95 for 50 you might not go back to the "premium" hooks

Eric

Mustad signature hooks are the Best for the money, easily. Mustad's been around since the 1870's for good reason.

I will soon start carrying them in my fledgling store (online & ebay). I hope to beat the $12 per 100 price barrier on standard nymph & dry hooks.

MFC (Montana Fly Company) hooks are excellent too. They sent me some samples, and I abused them and they took it quite well, then started stocking them immediately. Nymphs and Dries run $3.00 or less per 25 pack. 100 packs are an even better deal, but I don't carry them (yet).

If you (deepcreek, or anyone else) like Dai-Riki's, you'll like Togens. I have both, and the nymph hooks look and break identically. (50% of them broke when I flattened the barbs or very carefully adjusted the gap, whether in the vise or on the water! both brands). The dries didn't do that though. I haven't been able to compare any of the other hook styles from these two companies. I may have gotten a 'bad batch', but I don't intend to buy any more. (Once bitten, twice shy) I will be auctioning them off on eBay.

Seriously, the D-R's and Togens look exactly the same.

Bill