When it comes to dressing hooks, clutter slows a tier down. Things get misplaced (now where did "It" go? Materials get contaminated with clippings from other material (specially with dubbing).

I like the idea of using a cloth that you can just pickup and dump all the clipped off material into the trash bucket.

I also save small plastic trays from microwave dinners, for keeping my material separated is separate compartment while dressing hooks.

Tiers of all levels can use this to help speed-up their fly tying, and keep "She Who Must Be Obeyed" (SWMBO) in a good mood! Nothing worst than a hook ending up in someone sock or other peices of clothing! Been there, done that!

Sometimes, I am dressing various patterns, and when done, put all the materials back into their appropriate containers-bags, and toss them into my "Box" for later stocking back into their appropriate storage containers on the shelves of "In My Room"!

I not only dress hooks at my work bench, I also build fly rods, and make tapered furled leaders. I also have to sometime use the area for home repairs. So I have to keep everything in its place, and sealed up, when not being used.

~Parnelli