Thread: Pentax Optio ws80

Threaded View

More photos...

#18 Para Patriot ...no fancy lighting.

As camera's go...it takes nice photos, does a decent job at video clips but not so great sound. I think it was the user (me) and I'll sort that out sometime. I'm not crazy about how well the lens handles lower light conditions. I find the photos grainy but then...it may still be the user's fault. There are a lot of bells and whistles on this little point and shoot that I haven't learned to use yet. I really like SLRs for the quality lenses and photos they produce but all I really need these days is a good little companion camera for when I'm fishing. The SLRs are too big, to bulky and too expensive for those unexpected swims.

The W60 was at my price point...the W80 came out days after I got the W60. I'm not sure I would have upgraded if I had the choice.
    We're getting into the realm of pixel overload too. I wouldn't put more pixels on my list of must haves anymore. The only thing I miss is manual focus and it's taking some getting used to not having a view finder. In bright light I have a hard time seeing the LED viewer screen....and under water it doesn't matter...it's just point, guess, shoot and hope for the best. The photo of this fish was all luck and no talent.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 11-16-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer