Thread: Pentax Optio ws80

Threaded View

I don't see anything about the macro capabilities listed in the specs or in review on the WS80 therefore I am left to assume that it does not have the same macro ability that the W60 (i have) or W80 has. I needed that ability in the camera I was looking at and the its the big reason I went with the Pentax W60 over the Canon or Olympus models. This was the second thing on my list of must haves.
    Waterproof was first. I didn't need great depths...because this is a fishing camera...not a diving camera.

(these aren't the greatest macros but you'll get the idea of what I'm looking to take photos of)

These Trico's are very small. I was fishing #26 at the time. The photo is not that good because it's tough holding onto the camera and shoot with one hand while trying to hold the tricos for the shot, standing in the river with a rod also in hand. Add wind and not time to set up and take a good shot. I think that with a tripod this could have been really cool. As it is...it's out of focus but you still see details you can't (or I can't) see with the naked eye.

Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 11-16-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer