Kayak are fast, but if windy, no hands free fishing. They are what they are, they don't deflate (unless you get one of North Forth Outdoors, which are cool as heck, plus you can sit side way and kick with flippers).
But, I am betting the price is up there

Donut tubes, hard to cast from as you are sitting half in the water. Plus, there are cases of people rolling upside down and drowning.

"U" tubes are a little better, in that they have an open front. But they require that cross bar that with out makes for a very uncomfortable ride. Plus those braces can and do break.

"V" tubes are great. Shaped like an arrow head, they cut through the water great. Sitting higher, easier to cast from. More storage.
You have a choice of a foam seat (which will require modification after time) and the inflatable. The inflatable packs up very small and easy to transport.
More storage.
Again exception to this rule, is North Fork Outdoors, with the Freestyle H3. 6' long "V" tube. It can take rivers (the boat can, the operator is another story). You can also use paddles on it, or get one of those oar kits made over seas.
Plus I watched a video of some guys rolling over on their belly in a "V" tube and swimming. They could cover allot of water very quickly. Just a thought.

Lastly, Pontoon. The most comfortable seat available. Molded, padded plastic seat. You can sit for hours, and even pee more easily (even me with aid of a towel or some coverage)
Your leg from the knee down are in the water, so you only need Hippers or in some cases I have seen the knee high rubber farm boots work.
You can kick, row, and for a license fee - motor.
Sitting higher, easier to cast, plus several models with standing platform.
Allot more storage.
Depending on the material is the weight factor and longevity.
Aluminum frame and Urethane or Bladderless is going to be the lightest.
Urethane or bladderless is less susceptible to altitude and temp change, plus less likely to crack from being folded up.
Vinyl, is cheaper and heavier and more effected by alt, or temp, and not the longevity. Can get cracks and holes from folding.
The outer cover it very important. Like a hot dog, it holds it all together. Thicker PVC is going to add weight but also adds toughness.
A rhino type bottom is the best as you can drag the boat.
PONTOON ROCKERS...this is the tips of the pontoon. Like the ODC, it has very large rockers. Designed more for white water than still water. Less of the over all (center) pontoon is in the water, meaning less weight capacity.
Outcast, Bucks, NFO are shorter rockers and are outstanding for stillwater plus rivers. More all purpose than the specialty pontoons. Plus the large rockers on the ODC means less material, and less money.

Just my take on it.
I have started off in a Donut, moved up to a "U", then the SFC followed by the H3 and NFO Navigator II. I even had a Day Tripper (but that is another story). A Bucks Bag 6' Alpine pontoon, a Venture outdoors 4' pontoon. a Dave Scadden Expedition, and an Escalade, then the 11 1/2' Cardiac Canyon to the now OUTLAW X5.

I admit, I have a flat bed trailer, but I can launch and trailer my boat by myself and I am not a burly woman. I have also launched at great distances.
Even gone as far as laying a tarp down, putting boat on top and dragging it to the water over rougher territory.

WIND, okay as I mentioned, I have had several boats and several models. WIND EFFECTS THEM ALL! People say you will get blown around more in a Pontoon because you sit higher........you will get blown around just as much in ANY boat. Advantage to a Pontoon, you can row if your legs give out.
I have nearly died from exhaustion trying to get to shore in my SFC.