For trout that close to KC it's going to be Roaring River or Bennet Springs at Lebanon, both of which are parks and farther than 2-3 hours....I think. Pretty places but hatchery trout. Bennet does have a good reputation among the park fishermen. It does have a fly fishing only area and at Thanksgiving will be catch and release only. Fees are reasonable, I believe $10.00 for fishing for the day I don't know if the lodging at the park will be open then. If it is they have pretty decent facilities available. 30 years ago when my kids were little we could afford to stay for a weekend so hopefully it's still affordable. I haven't fished it for many years and for me I'll have to agree with perch.

Unless I'm mistaken MDC, (Missouri Dept. of Conservation) stocks trout in some lakes in the KC area. That's a possiblity and hopefully someone from that area will chime in.

Warm water fishing around Thanksgiving will probably be kinda slow and can be flat out cold. Our weather is so goofy you never know what the it's going to be. A beautiful Indian Summer day around then could provide for some good fishing.

Not trying to change your plans at all but FYI: If it's possible for you a couple days spent in the Rolla area can put you on some beautiful water with sometimes really good fishing.....sometimes not too. There are 4 wild trout creeks, two trophy trout areas and two parks within an hour of Rolla. That's why we moved here when we moved back from Wyoming.

Vic