Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
I haven't tried Al and Gretchen's book yet but I will probably give it a read sometime in the near future. Maybe I'll unlock the rotary knob on my Renzetti vise when I finish the book . 8T
I've wanted the book ever since it came out, I own his DVD but the book is more detailed. I wish they would come out with a new DVD to compliment the book though since many techniques in the book are not on the DVD. Instead of the $25 for the book, I paid $15+ on Ebay, Amazon has a good price on it too. If you were looking for deal, it's a small price to pay.

I guess I am in a shell of doing things how I always have done them. Things like advancing thread and material down the hook shaft at the same time are much different than how I learned to tie. I'm just tying the patterns in the book how the authors wanted them tied and it is a drastic change from my normal technique.

I'm trying to have an open mind and even though the techniques are slower than my normal routine, I can see how they will become faster and more efficient as I practice them. Things like using the rotary feature to complete a hand whipe finish instead of using a tool are just odd to me.