Duck -

The furling jig that I designed four years ago and have used regularly since, does twist both legs at the same time while they are connected to separate gear driven hooks. After the legs have been twisted an appropriate number of times, they are then joined together on a single gear driven hook and furled under tension by countertwisting an appropriate number of times.

The advantage, to my way of thinking, with this system, is control of the product and uniformity from leader to leader.

As far as using a motor, that seems like more trouble than it is worth, and some unnecessary expense. It takes about ten minutes to furl a leader with my system. The majority of that time is spent setting up the material to be furled, and finishing the leader after it is furled with a shorb loop on the butt end. Probably less than four or five minutes is spent twisting and then countertwisting / furling the leader material.

Don't get me wrong, I think a motorized jig based on the one I use would be really cool, and especially one that had a built in rev-counter, so I wouldn't have to count while cranking out the twists and furls. Just trying to keep things simple, and reduce expense along the way.

John

P.S. I think I posted some pics of my furling jig a while back. If you are interested, let me know and I'll see if I can identify / retrieve it for you.