Hi,

On a number of websites on dying wool with natural dyes they say that vinegar will fix the dye. However, I've also seen people indicate that vinegar is not really a "mordant", which is a substance used to treat the wool to fix the colour. Different mordants can affect the final result (iron mordants produce a darker colour, while Alum produces a "cleaner" result). Anyway, I would bow to Silver's greater knowledge on this topic and suggest using Alum, which you can find in the spice section of your supermarket (it's used for pickeling apparently). As a note, however, I've read that you can also get Alum from the pharmacy. Apparently they are not quite the same thing. And, to make matters more interesting, I've read that one works and the other does not, with some saying the stuff from parmacy is wrong and the grocery store stuff is good, with others saying the opposite.

Go figure!

Anyway, that all aside, I really like the look of your colours. I've picked up some Alum recently, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

- Jeff