I got what I assume is my notice from Cabela's a day or so ago. I haven't read it yet, but if they (World's Foremost Bank - yes, Cabela's OWNS it) think they're going to raise my rate, I'll shred the card and tell them to jump off a cliff.

I only got the card at the Ft. Worth store when I lived there to use for large purchases so that I could get Cabela's points. Those points have bought me a lot of stuff over the last few years (a pair of waders recently), but as has already been said, you're kidding yourself to think you're getting the better end of the deal unless you pay it off EVERY month.

I have VERY good credit; near 800 because I've had credit since high school and paid it off nearly every month. If they won't give me back the lower rate (esp with my score), I'll simply tell them off and drop the card, then get the regular Cabela's Club card. Unfortunately, you don't earn points on anything but what you buy in their stores or through the website that way, but if that is how they're going to be, then fine!